Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Can you ever forgive me?

OH. MY. GOD. I am so deeply sorry for being absent from blogging for way too long. Anyway, I wrote a blog the other day at work, but never got the chance to post it. It was from Tuesday, August 10th. Here it is:

Word of the day: Reciprocity; 


Good morning all!


I’m writing this entry quite early in the day (a whopping 9:20 am) but not posting it until quite a bit later as I’m using a work computer to write. It’s just that I have so many things on my mind I can’t risk waiting until later and forgetting all of my thoughts from this morning. 


It’s only Tuesday and I can’t even imagine going through the rest of today, let alone the rest of the week. I’m just dying for it to be the weekend, and better yet, the end of summer (Oh, I know.. I really am saying that). It’s just that I have tons of fall clothes (boots, moccasins, sweaters and blazers) that I just can’t wait to wear, school begins (only two days a week) and I’m going to Alberta for eight days.. OH RIGHT, and it’s my birthday! How could I forget that!? Finally leaving my teen years behind. 


The only other thing getting me through at least Tuesday and Wednesday is the fact that I’m going to see John FREAKING Mayer tomorrow at the Molson Amphitheater. I have amazing seats, and going with some amazing people. It will be my third time seeing John (we’re on a first name basis obv) in a 12-month period and quite frankly not even close to enough times. He’s so amazing live; just him and his guitar. Can’t. Wait. Any. Longer. Please, Wednesday… come now. 


I hope some of you are newspaper readers… if you are, and you read the Toronto Star frequently,  you’ll know the article that I’m talking about when I mention this word: Coyote. Apparently, at a camp ground in Cape Bretton, Nova Scotia, a 16-year old girl was sleeping outside (who the hell knows why) and woke up to a coyote biting her head. Ever since the 19 year old girl went hiking alone through the woods last year and was attacked my coyotes, people are out to get them. ESPECIALLY in Cape Bretton; where they have captured in between 8 and TEN coyotes in the past year. CAN YOU believe that!? They are wild animals.. what do people expect from them? We go into THEIR habitat, or home, and then get angry when they get curious and attack us? How is that even fair? IF someone came into your home, would you not show them the same curiosity and hostility? It’s just ridiculous that people are astounded by the way coyotes are reacting to an influx of people in their homes. If you are a petite person, and going out for a hike alone, or sleeping outside alone, who’s to say that a skunk, raccoon, or bear isn’t going to come along and take a sniff, or bite? No one is out killing skunks and raccoons. Probably because their damage isn’t as bad… but I have news for you: They’re tiny little things. Again, if you’re going to go out alone, in the woods where there are tons of wild animals, bring something to protect you. A stick maybe? Or a horn, or bear spray. Something, that gives you an advantage. Anyway, I’m done ranting about coyotes. 


A few other things that I need to mention before I sign off are: Project Texas, and date night (yikes).


Project Texas is my fun way of saying Project Austin. Austin is a guy that I have a super big crush on, that I need to conquer before the summer is over. I’m not sure what I mean by conquer, maybe kiss? I don’t know, but I know I’m not satisfied leaving it the way I have at the past few parties we’ve seen each other at. So hopefully this weekend, I make some good progress into my assignment.


Date night: I have a date. Lord, I think I need to say it a few times for it to sink in. I. Have. A. Date. First REAL date in over a year. I forgot how to date, what to say… how to act, OH god. I hope I’m witty, and coy, and cute, and flirtatious. 


Anyway, I have a few more things to tell you but this is really too long now. Remind me to tell you about Audrey Hepburn, Omar Khadr, and the Iphone. Please don’t forget to remind me. 


Until next time, 


Mr. Famous, xo



No comments:

Post a Comment