Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A dog is a (wo)mans best friend

Word of the day; Fidelity; faith in something larger than themselves.

Today this word means a lot to me. Not because I am in love, or in any type of romantic relationship but because my dog is in pain. Ever since I got home at around 3:30 pm yesterday afternoon, he's been sore. Whining, yelping, crying, scared and timid. At first it started off in his "wrist". It was trembling, and he couldn't stand on it. Now it appears to be his hips, as he can't walk.. or struggles to walk down stairs and up stairs. He's trying to act normal, but he has zero energy, and is in too much pain. I have been bracing myself for this for quite some time as he as already outlived his life expectancy based on his breeds (german shepherd; ages 8-10 & great dane; ages 8-10). My dog is going on 11 so I was expecting some diminishes in energy levels etc. As much as you brace yourself, it's not any easier. I have done nothing but cater to him, help him get around, comfort him, and give him all his favorite treats, and to be honest, there is nothing I'd rather be doing. This is why fidelity means so much to me today.. I will be loyal to him for as long as it's needed. And with you guys as my witness, I will not be selfish when the time comes for him to be put down. I will not let him suffer.

Okay, no more sad talk. Let's be happy. I HOPE some of you watch Glee because my god it was a good one last night. It was like the original Glee - no celebrity guests, no pointless singing, just good ol' Glee. Kurts new potential love is to DIE for, and I can't believe the football jock.. Ryan Murphy, you are a genius.

Another thing, you know the new show "Lake Shore"? Toronto's semi-version of Jersey Shore. WELL my friend Joey Violin can be seen on this show as "the Wop". Fascinating right? The show isn't something I would typically watch as I'm more in to the saga of Chuck and Blair on Gossip Girl, but I will support him and... watch.

I think that's about all I have right now.. I need to start doing some hmwk, and get ready to head in to Toronto for a meeting - I use that term loosely.

Until next time,

Mr. Famous, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment